Schools will close on Monday, March 16, 2020. See ACPS Coronavirus Update for Friday, March 13, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.: acps.k12.va.us/coronavirus.
During our closure, a daily update will be sent out via ACPS Express around 1 p.m to all families and community members who are signed up to receive these updates. Sign up for ACPS Express now. There will be a webinar at 3 p.m. every day to answer questions from families.
How can I get internet access at home?
Sign up for Comcast Internet Essentials. Visit www.internetessentials.com.
- Comcast is offering a FREE 60 day service and then $9.95/month
- New customers receive a free self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router. There will be no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee.
- For assistance call 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
Will there be other instructional supports?
ACPS-TV will be running educational content from 9 a.m. through noon each day. More information will be sent out on Monday.
Will there be continued access to food?
Families in need may also contact our local food pantry at https://www.alive-inc.org/ or 703-837-9300.
Food Access Update During School Closures
Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, Alexandria City Public Schools will be providing emergency meals at no cost for any child under 18 and any family who needs it.
There are two ways to access food while schools are closed:
- Individual Meals to Go: Any child between the ages of 2 and 18 – whether or not they are eligible for Free or Reduced Price Meals – can pick up a meal to go in a bag. Stop by the Chinquapin Drive side of T.C. Williams High School (door 14) between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. to pick up a meal-to-go. You do not need to fill out any forms to pick up a meal-to-go.
- Family Meal Packs: You can order a family meal pack online and pick it up at the drive through pick-up point outside Chinquapin Recreation Center (Chinquapin Drive side of T.C. Williams High School, door 14) between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m the following day. If transportation is an issue, please remember to check the box to request meal delivery. Fill out the form to request a family meal pack.
Additionally, students and families can access the supports below if there is a crisis or emergency during the time of the closure:
- Crisis Text and Crisis Link:
- Text: CONNECT to 85511
- Call: CrisisLink: 703-527-4077
- Alexandria Safe Place
- Alexandria City 24-Hour Emergency Mental Health Services
- Alexandria City Health Department
- Inova Alexandria Hospital (ER)
For additional information and regular updates, please go to the ACPS website page dedicated to COVID-19.