We are very excited to be bringing back our Fall Festival Saturday, September 23 from 11am-2pm on the playground of Naomi L. Brooks as the ‘Brooks County Fair’! However, we need help from our school community to make the Brooks County Fair a success!
What’s happening at the Festival?
- Marble Madness – Your student’s chance to win all the marbles! Most marbles and points collected by a grade level will win an extra 15 minutes of recess and a popsicle party!!
- Kids Bake-Off – Our celebrity judges will be sampling the work of the school’s top bakers – entries due at 11am!
- Bake Sale – Delicious fall treats for sale, benefitting the Brooks PTA.
- Chili Cook-Off– Make your favorite chili recipe and compete for best in show!
- Pie Eating Contest – The ultimate Fall Festival event.
- Food– Hot Dogs, bake sale treats and other goodies!
- Music, Games, and More!
Calling all junior bakers! Bring your best dessert to the Brooks County Fair on September 23rd at Naomi L. Brooks Elementary. Junior Bakers of all grade levels are welcome to enter their tastiest dessert creation.
Rules for Entry:
- Dessert must have a fall theme
- All bakers must complete an entry form at the fair. Entry forms will be available at the judge’s table at the festival.
- If bringing a special cake plate or pie dish, make sure your name is placed somewhere so it doesn’t get lost.
- Desserts will be judged at 11:30 AM.
- After judging, desserts will be sold to benefit the Brooks PTA. Cakes and pies will be sold by the slice ($2 each) / Cookies, brownies, individual desserts ($1 each).
Parents are welcome to assist their bakers but the junior bakers are the big baker bosses. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. Desserts will be judged on taste, appearance, adherence to theme and presentation.
Don’t feel like competing? No problem! Feel free to bring something to the Brooks PTA Bake Sale table sometime Saturday morning to help us fundraise. All delicious donations welcome and proceeds support Naomi L. Brooks Elementary.
The chili cook-off is back this year for the first time in five years! Make your favorite chili recipe and have it judged by guests of the Brooks County Fair! Please sign up here if you plan to participate!
Rules for Entry:
- Chili can be meat or vegetarian.
- All cooks must complete an entry form at the fair. Entry forms will be available at the judges’ table at the festival.
- Please bring chili in a crockpot. Tables will be set-up in the gym.
- Please submit chili by 12:00 PM, votes will be tallied at 1:00 PM.
- You can bring non-perishable chili condiments.
|Brooks County Fair items currently needed:
|Brooks County Fair Items currently needed:
Scarecrow building supplies– old clothing, hats, burlap, accessories. (Please note that these items will not be returned.)
We are in need of items that participants could win for their classroom/school:
Gently used books – Donate your gently used books for our event!
Gently used games – From board games to card games – games of any kind, please donate your gently used games!
Teacher wish list items– Play-doh, magnatiles, Legos, plants, string lights, electric pencil sharpeners, plants!
This is a great opportunity to clean out those closets of items that you may not need or no longer use.
Donations can be dropped off and left on the porch at 211 East Oak Street
|Schedule of Events / Please Volunteer
Games, activities, food: 11 AM- 2 PM
Bake-off judging: 11:30 AMChili cook-off votes tallied: 1:00 PMPie eating contest: 1:00 PMTallest tower building judging: 1:30 PM
As always, we can’t host amazing events for our kids without amazing parent volunteers like you. We are in need of some volunteers on the day of the event to help with the games and concessions. Interested in volunteering? Please sign up here.
See you there!